Saturday, May 16, 2020
Public Health Officials Announce 2,088 New Cases of Coronavirus
Send a link to a friend
[August 03, 2020]
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today
announced 2,088 new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in
Illinois, including 74 additional deaths.
- Clinton County: 1 female 60s
- Cook County: 2 males 30s, 2 males 40s, 4 females 50s, 3 males 50s,
4 females 60s, 2 males 60s, 5 females 70s, 7 males 70s, 8 females
80s, 7 males 80s, 4 females 90s, 2 males 90s, 3 females 100+, 1 male
- DuPage County: 4 females 80s, 2 females 90s
- Jasper County: 1 female 90s
- Kane County: 1 male 50s, 1 male 70s
- Lake County: 1 female 50s, 1 male 70s
- LaSalle County: 1 female 60s
- Madison County: 1 male 90s
- St. Clair County: 1 male 80s, 1 male 90s
- Will County: 1 female 50s, 1 male 50s, 1 female 80s
- Winnebago County: 1 male 70s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 92,457 cases, including
4,129 deaths, in 100 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges
from younger than one to older than 100 years.
[to top of second column]
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported
23,047 specimens for a total of 561,649. The statewide 7-day rolling
positivity rate is 15%.
The Illinois Manteno Veterans’ Home (IVHM) is
reporting the passing of a third resident with COVID-19. Since the
beginning of the pandemic, 63 individuals at IVHM have contracted
COVID-19, including three cases who have passed away.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly
report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported
in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an
electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as
additional information is gathered. Information for deaths and
counties previously reported have changed, therefore, today’s
numbers have been adjusted. For health questions about COVID-19,
call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com.
[Illinois Office of Communication and