Logan County June FSA Updates

Send a link to a friend  Share

[July 15, 2018]    Acreage Reporting Dates - All producers must file an accurate and timely acreage report for all crops and land uses by July 16, 2018. This is an annual report that is required from all owners and operators who participate in the USDA programs and receive benefits from:

Agricultural Risk Coverage Program (ARC)

Price Loss Coverage Program (PLC)

Conservation Reserve Program (CRP)

Noninsured Assistance Program (NAP)

Marketing Assistance Loans (MAL)

Be prepared to provide your planting dates when completing your acreage report. All reports filed after the deadline will be subject to a late-filing fee of $46.00 per farm, which covers the cost of the required spot check. Failure to file an acreage report will result in a loss of program benefits.

Prevented Planting:  Any producer who intended to plant a crop but was unable to do so due to weather-related conditions must report the prevented acreage no later than 15 calendar days after the final planting date for the applicable crop. Producers must demonstrate and provide evidence of their intent to plant to the Woodford County Office Committee.

Final Planting Dates:

Corn - June 5th
Soybeans - June 20th

Dates to Remember
June 15 - Nomination Period for County Committee election in LAA 2 begins

June 20 - Final date to file a Notice of Loss for prevent plant corn

July 4 - Independence Day - Office Closed

July 5 - Final date to file a Notice of Loss for prevent plant soybeans

July 16 - Final date to file an acreage report for spring planted crops

August 1 - End of Primary Nesting Season (CRP maintenance & management may resume)

August 1 - Final date to request a Farm Reconstitution or Transfer for 2018

August 1 - Final date to submit signatures on 2018 ARC/PLC program contracts

August 1 - Candidate nomination period ends for 2018 County Committee Election - LAA 2

Continuous Farm Record changes (new owners, new operators, direct deposits, etc.)
Continuous Farm Storage Facility Loan Applications

Farm Reconstitutions

When changes in farm ownership or operation take place, a farm reconstitution is necessary. The reconstitution or recon is the process of combining or dividing farms or tracts of land based on the farming operation.

To be effective for the current Fiscal Year (FY), farm combinations and farm divisions must be requested by August 1 of the FY for farms subject to the Agriculture Risk Coverage (ARC) and Price Loss Coverage (PLC) program. A reconstitution is considered to be requested when all:

  • of the required signatures are on FSA-155

  • other applicable documentation, such as proof of ownership, is submitted.

Total Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) and non-ARC/PLC farms may be reconstituted at any time.

The following are the different methods used when doing a farm recon:

Estate Method the division of bases, allotments and quotas for a parent farm among heirs in settling an estate;

Designation of Landowner Method may be used when (1) part of a farm is sold or ownership is transferred; (2) an entire farm is sold to two or more persons; (3) farm ownership is transferred to two or more persons; (4) part of a tract is sold or ownership is transferred; (5) a tract is sold to two or more persons; or (6) tract ownership is transferred to two or more persons. In order to use this method the land sold must have been owned for at least three years, or a waiver granted, and the buyer and seller must sign a Memorandum of Understanding;

[to top of second column]

DCP Cropland Method the division of bases in the same proportion that the DCP cropland for each resulting tract relates to the DCP cropland on the parent tract;

Default Method the division of bases for a parent farm with each tract maintaining the bases attributed to the tract level when the reconstitution is initiated in the system.

USDA Announces Streamlined Guaranteed Loans and Additional Lender Category for Small-Scale Operators

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced the availability of a streamlined version of USDA guaranteed loans, which are tailored for smaller scale farms and urban producers. The program, called EZ Guarantee Loans, uses a simplified application process to help beginning, small, underserved and family farmers and ranchers apply for loans of up to $100,000 from USDA-approved lenders to purchase farmland or finance agricultural operations.

A new category of lenders will join traditional lenders, such as banks and credit unions, in offering USDA EZ Guarantee Loans. Microlenders, which include Community Development Financial Institutions and Rural Rehabilitation Corporations, will be able to offer their customers up to $50,000 of EZ Guaranteed Loans, helping to reach urban areas and underserved producers. Banks, credit unions and other traditional USDA-approved lenders, can offer customers up to $100,000 to help with agricultural operation costs.

EZ Guarantee Loans offer low interest rates and terms up to seven years for financing operating expenses and 40 years for financing the purchase of farm real estate. USDA-approved lenders can issue these loans with the Farm Service Agency (FSA) guaranteeing the loan up to 95 percent.

More information about the available types of FSA farm loans can be found at www.fsa.usda.gov/farmloans or by contacting your local FSA office.


Please contact, John Peters, County Executive Director, at 217-735-5508 ext 2, john.peters@il.usda.gov or for Farm Loans, please contact Tony Schmillen, Farm Loan Manager, at 217-735-5508 ext 2, tony.schmillen@il.usda.gov.

Logan County FSA Office 1650 5th Street
Lincoln, IL, 62656
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Phone: 217-735-5508

County Executive Director:
John Peters

Farm Loan Manager:
Tony Schmillen

Program Technicians:
Ann Curry
Tammy Edwards
Chelsie Peddicord

County Committee:
Kenton Stoll - Chairman
Dennis Ramlow - Vice Chairman
Tim Southerlan - Member
Dorothy Gleason - Advisor

Next County Committee Meeting: TBD

Persons with disabilities who require accommodations to attend or participate in any meeting should contact John Peters, CED, at 217-735-5508 extension 2 or Federal Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339, 3 days prior to the scheduled meeting.

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender. To file a complaint of discrimination, write: USDA, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Ave., SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (866) 632-9992 (Toll-free Customer Service), (800) 877-8339 (Local or Federal relay), (866) 377-8642 (Relay voice users).


Back to top